President Donald Trump spoke at the swearing-in ceremony of CIA Director Gina Haspel at CIA Headquarters on Monday.
New York Rep. Adriano Espaillat filed an official grievance through the state court system against a man who was filmed this week going on a racist rant in a Midtown Manhattan lunch market.
The video, in which the man berates two workers at the market for speaking Spanish and taking his money through the “welfare” system before threatening to call U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials to deport them, has since gone viral.
“What was witnessed in the vile video ... is a humiliating and insulting attack on the more than 50 years of progress that this nation has made since the Civil Rights movement,” Espaillat and Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. wrote to the New York court system’s attorney grievance committee.
The committee reviews and investigates complaints and can issue penalties. Depending on the outcome of the review, Schlossberg could be disbarred or have his license to practice law suspended.
“The audacity to profile and verbally assault innocent bystanders and customers in a public commercial location is a violation of our civil society,” Espaillat and Diaz wrote. “We watched [the] video and we were disgusted.”
The man has been identified in media reports as 42-year-old lawyer Aaron Schlossberg. Schlossberg’s law firm has been booted from its office space on Madison Avenue.
“His actions are just not consistent with our community and rules and regulations,” Corporate Suites President Hayim Grant told The New York Post. “It’s totally contrary to everything we believe in as a company and personally.”
Schlossberg has a history of confronting strangers in public and questioning their nationality.
Willie Morris, 34, posted a video on Youtube in October 2016 that appears to show Schlossberg calling him an “ugly f---ing foreigner” on a sidewalk in New York.
Morris is from Massachusetts.
Ryan: Gambit to Bring Immigration Bills to Floor Is ‘Big Mistake’
Rep. Scott Tipton introduced a resolution in the House this week seeking the return of a U.S. Navy spy vessel that has been in North Korean captivity for more than half a century.
Tipton’s request for the North Korean government to return the USS Pueblo comes less than a month before the planned summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean President Kim Jong-Un on June 12 in Singapore.
The House would “welcome the return of the USS Pueblo as a sign of good faith from the North Korean people to the American people” ahead of the summit that will focus on denuclearizing the Korean peninsula, Tipton’s resolution states.
The vessel is currently on display in Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.
“It has been 50 years since the USS Pueblo was unlawfully seized by the North Korean government from international waters, and we will never forget the horrors that its crew endured at the hands of their captors," Tipton said in a news release.
One member of the ship’s crew, Duane Hodges, was killed when the Pueblo was captured on Jan. 23, 1968. Eighty-two others were held for 11 months, often in harsh conditions.
“This remains an important issue for many Pueblo residents and Coloradans including surviving veterans,” said Tipton, whose district includes the city of Pueblo.
Earlier this week, Kim threatened to pull out of the scheduled meeting in Singapore next month after U.S. and South Korean troops recently performed a routine joint military exercise that had been planned for months.
Watch: Ryan Weighs In on Laurel vs. Yanny Debate