In this episode of CQ on Congress, former U.S. trade negotiator Wendy Cutler explains what each side of the U.S.-China trade talks is looking to gain. Then trade economist Christine McDaniel walks us through how some U.S. companies are coping with the tariffs imposed by the Trump administration. And CQ Roll Call's trade reporter Mark Bocchetti discusses the process that allows U.S. companies to seek exclusions from the tariffs.
- Trump’s tariffs on China won’t have much of an effect, IMF says
- 3 things to watch as Trump meets with China’s Xi amid stalled trade talks
- U.S., China to restart trade talks; farmers, Huawei may gain
- Tariffs on Chinese-made car seats and baby gates could put children at risk, industry worries
- Nearly half seeking exclusions from new Trump tariffs on China get preliminary OK
- Higher tariffs on Chinese goods spark call for Congress to intervene
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call on your iPhone.