How is Congress grappling with diversity in artificial intelligence and financial technology? What are the major policy issues concerning the Community Reinvestment Act? Maxine Waters, chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, sits down with Fintech Beat's Chris Brummer and explains how lawmakers are trying to keep up with Facebook, financial inclusion and more.
- Facebook’s currency plan makes fintech a tough sell in Congress
- Fintech industry pursues clarity on ‘token’ regulation
- Banks seek Congress’ help to block fintech path to ‘industrial’ charters
- Zuckerberg to face criticism over cryptocurrency, other issues
- Facebook cryptocurrency stirs worry and support in both parties
- House passes cryptocurrency, insider trading bills
Editor’s Note: Chris Brummer is a professor at Georgetown Law. He is partnering with CQ Roll Call and FiscalNote on coverage of fintech and its implications for businesses, consumers, regulators and lawmakers.
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call on your iPhone.